Wednesday, 21 October 2015

DID NOT FINISH



Yes, sadly, some books just don’t make the cut for different reasons. Maybe I didn’t like the way they were written, the style, the tone, the audience they were intended for.

As with all my reviews, I’m honest and I hope, not mean. Here are the books I couldn’t finish during September and October.

23200095

Publication date: September 2014
Publisher: Fence Free Entertainment
Format/Source: e-Book/ Review Tour
 
My thoughts...
I couldn’t relate to any of the characters.  They failed to grasp in the opening chapters.











23253921Publication date:  August 2015
Publisher:  HarperCollins
Format/Source: e-Book/ Net Galley

My thoughts...
To give Derek Landy only one star absolutely hurts me, but, this book is not up to the same standard as our beloved Skulduggery. I did not finish this book, in fact I only got 25% in... I just found the plot very unbelievable, the whole demon thing was a little far fetched, yes, I know Skulduggery is a walking talking skeleton who can throw fire but it was written so well that I couldn't question it. This story isn't believable, in fact, the main character annoyed me.

I think another slight mistake Landy made was to lower his level of descriptive writing. I felt this book was 'dumbed down' for younger readers and therefore didn't keep my attention. Other authors have made the mistake of doing the same thing, I only hope Landy bounces back because his work in the Skulduggery series is simply outstanding!

I still love this author, this book just wasn't for me
!






25733990Publication date:  April 2016
Publisher:  Del Rey
Format/Source: e-Book/ Net Galley
 
My thoughts...
I’m gutted that I couldn’t even get half way through this book, the cover and the description really do hook a person in…it’s such a shame the delivery just isn’t there for me.  I just couldn't gel with this book... maybe it was the layout and the constant interviewing /questions style the author used....unfortunately, it just wasn't for me.



 

 

This entry was posted in ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment