Monday, 3 August 2015

BABY'S GOT BITE REVIEW

“What a day.  I actually puked on his shoes.”
“As first impressions go, I doubt he’ll forget it.”





Publication Date:  28th July 2015
Publisher: Entangled Covet
Format/Source: e-Book / NetGalley

Synopsis

Some consequences bite...big time.


Bennett Langdon has a firm no-relationships policy. Still, it doesn't stop her from hooking up with a super-sexy bad boy at her best friend's wedding. After all, it's only one night-what harm could it do? Ten weeks later, a pregnant Bennett has her answer...

Linc Monahan can't believe it. This wasn't supposed to happen. He's a werewolf, and shouldn't be able to father a child with a human. Now Linc has to find some way to tell Bennett that not only do werewolves exist, but she's about to have a baby with one.
But when word of their surprise conception gets out, the fur hits the fan. There are people who don't want this baby to be born-even if it means killing. Now Bennett and Linc aren't just fighting each other...they're fighting for their lives.

My thoughts

I love books that contain lots of supernatural things so werewolves, vamps and any other magical beings always appeal to me.  Having read the blurb I thought this book was for me, however having read the book,  I’m no longer sure it was....

The good bits:
The characters were lovely, believable (most of the time) I liked Bennett, although I found that she was a little flaky and perhaps accepted the things thrown at her a little too easily.  Sometimes people in real life are not so accepting.  

Linc adds the hot male to the story that makes every romance a romance! He was a nice characters and  it would have been lovely to get more of a back story rather than snippets.  

Casey, her best friend really added sash to the book.  She would be a great friend to have around!

The bad bits:
The romance between Linc and Bennett was sometimes too rushed.  I felt like the whole story was rushed in a way.  This makes sense for those who have read the book (sorry to those who haven’t, but I don’t want to spoil the book for you!)

Sometimes the adults said things that made them appear to be way younger than they actually are.  I don’t know, I found myself thinking that it was really unbelievable that they would say the things they had.  It didn’t fit in with the characterisation, especially ones that were quite high up in society....

Ireland is just a ‘jump’ across the pond for me so I really wanted to gel with the Irish characterisation used in the book.  Unfortunately, I didn’t.  I think the Irish lovelies are very difficult to portray in books, how do you make their Irish charm, that sexy accent, come across in a book? Unfortunately, adding ‘Love’ on the end of a sentence just didn’t cut it for me.

That being said, once I’d finished the book I felt like the characters had come full circle and that I had been through their story with them, with a little more characterisation in certain parts, a more in-depth plot and longer plot length, the lovely Irish charm slipping in a little better, this book would have been a gem.  An okay read all the same!






TOUR GIVEAWAY!

Amazon Fire stick (A gift card will be substituted in place of the stick if the winner is international)

$50 gift certificate to Amazon or BN





a Rafflecopter giveaway

0 comments:

Post a Comment