Tuesday, 30 June 2015

THE SHADOWS BY J.R WARD REVIEW

“Never met Ahhh, don't know him, don't care how big he is-if he's standing in our way? I'ma murder the son of a bitch.” The Shadows: BDBH




The Shadows Blackdagger Brotherhood Novel
     J. R Ward

Publisher: Piatkus
Publication Date: 31st March 2015
Format/Source: Hardback/ Bought
     
Synopsis
Trez “Latimer” doesn’t really exist. And not just because the identity was created so that a Shadow could function in the underbelly of the human world... He’s never had anyone he could totally rely on... except for his brother, iAm.

iAm’s sole goal has always been to keep his brother from self-destructing- and he knows he’s failed. It’s not until the Chosen Serena enters Trez’s life that the male begins to turn things around... but by then it’s too late. The pledge to mate the Queen’s daughter comes due and there is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, and no negotiating.

Trapped between his heart and a fate he never volunteered for, Trez must decide whether to endanger himself and others, or forever leave behind the female he’s in love with. But then an unimaginable tragedy strikes and changes everything. Staring out over an emotional abyss, Trez must find a reason to go on or risk losing himself and his soul forever. And iAm, in the name of brotherly love, is faced with making the ultimate sacrifice.


My thoughts

Okay,

First I'm putting it out there; The Shadows is so far the BEST BDBH book in the series!! (I will probably say this about every book that comes out… because you know, I love them!)

This book was an emotional rollercoaster, even from the first page I was hooked, but, to be fair Ward has a way of enticing her readers into a false sense of security because she always throws something at you in her books, something that makes you yell in frustration!  But she makes up for it with sexy vampires who are pretty much indestructible, know how to treat a female and …did I say sexy? I, like many others, have my favourite brother so I was very excited to read this book! Rhage. My lovely brother… I didn't know I would love Trez as much as I did. I found that he had such a soft side and that he was a mixture of sweet, protective, delicious and hilarious! 

“Longest. Elevator. Ride. Of. His. Life.
As Trez stood next to Selena in a glass-walled torture chamber, he was resolutely facing the closed doors—and praying for some kind of Dr. Who time warp thingy that had him stepping out of the goddamn thing rightfuckingnow. Eyeballs locked on the glowing line of numbers above the chrome doors, he wanted to vomit.

L . . . 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50.

“44” had yet to light up because they were in the screaming-fast, liver-in-your-loafer, express part of the joyride."


I became so consumed by his and Serena's story, all the way through I was  at the point where I wanted to know what happens and afraid to read on! The plot builds you up to the 'Holy Shit, this is actually happening' moment.  Even knowing it could happen and then living through it...


I loved the Shadow brothers more and more as each page passed and the introduction of new characters really spiced things up.  Even after finishing the book there are several things still left unanswered, one of them giving me serious concern as I love him and his Shellan.... Nothing bad better happen to him! Like Ward will listen.  I can hear her laughter now!  I will prepare myself for the next book as I'm sure it will be a complete shit storm of emotions.

To finish, I needed a rest after reading this book!  I laughed, I cried like I’d lost Jack (Titanic) or Gus (The Fault in our Stars) but above all else I simply lost myself in their world.  A world I love very much. Thank you J. R Ward!







0 comments:

Post a Comment